The Life of Fred Advanced Algebra
course consists of three books:
Life of Fred Advanced Algebra (Required)
Life of Fred Advanced Algebra Companion (Highly Recommended)
Life of Fred Zillions of Practice Problems: Advanced Algebra (Optional)
Life of Fred Advanced Algebra
Find out about...
• Romance! How little kids meet each other on the bus
• Cuisine! What pie you shouldn't order . . . unless you're rich
• Travel! Parts of Kansas you've never been to
• Fashion! Hairless anteriors and gold chains
• Music! The newest hit "Unselfish Love" by accordionist Rockin' Rita, age 4
while learning all of advanced algebra, including...
- Proportion & Variation
- Systems of Equations
- Linear Programming
- Partial Fractions
- Math Induction
- Permutations & Combinations
Unlike all other math programs, this one also has:
• Material from Modern Bus & Electric Journal
• Why Rita could never be 50 feet tall
• A 12-page True Fairytale History of Mathematics from the counting numbers to the complex numbers
• A short discussion of tachyons (which travel faster than the speed of light)
. . . and all of these are just in the first two chapters!
Some answers are included in the textbook, the rest are included in the Companion Guide.
Click here to view a sample lesson (Opens in a new window or tab)
Life of Fred Advanced Algebra is a hardcover textbook containing 318 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook.
Number of Lessons:
101 Lessons as laid out in the Companion Guide
Life of Fred Advanced Algebra Companion
The Companion Guide divides Advanced Algebra into daily lessons. It contains answers to all of the questions that do not have answers in the textbook. The Companion Guide also contains many additional advanced algebra exercises for those who want more drills.
Are you teaching a class using the Life of Fred Advanced Algebra? The Companion Guide will provide you with lecture notes and outlines for each lecture. There are additional problems to present at the blackboard that are not in the textbook, additional insights to present in class. It also provides quiz and test materials.
Click here to view sample pages
from the Advanced Algebra Companion Guide
(Opens in a new window or tab)
Life of Fred Advanced Algebra Companion Guide is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook.
Life of Fred: Zillions of Practice Problems for Advanced Algebra
Need a lot of practice or stuck on a particular kind of problem? Requested by many readers, this book contains questions keyed directly to the chapters and topics of Life of Fred: Advanced Algebra. The answer to every problem is worked out in complete detail.
In this book you will find:
• Ten exponential equations worked out step by step.
• Over 40 problems dealing with functions.
• Sixteen imaginary number problems solved in detail.
• Eleven linear programming problems — each taking about a page to solve.
• A bonus six-page introduction to Turing Machines.
This book is mandatory for those who need it. The Zillions of Practice Problems Slogan: If your cat can work through all the problems in this book, your cat can teach Advanced Algebra at any school in the nation.
Life of Fred Zillions of Practice Problems for Advanced Algebra is a hardcover textbook containing 240 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. This is an optional book of extra questions for those who feel the need for extra practice.