Life of Fred Beginning Algebra
Find out about...
• What it takes to get drafted into the army at age 6
• New milkshake marketing techniques
• How Darlene tries to get Joe to fall in love with her
• About enjambment in the colonel's library...
...while learning all of beginning algebra.
The Expanded Edition of Beginning Algebra contains the content of the original version plus the discontinued Companion Guide. It also has all of the answers worked out in full. Laid out in 108 daily lessons, this hard cover textbook covers everything you need for 1st year highschool Algebra.
If you are jumping into Life of Fred Beginning Algebra from any other math curriculum, we highly recommend that you consider going through the Life of Fred Pre-Algebra 2 with Economics first. The Economics book is a high school level economics course which will provide the foundation in word problems needed to be successful with Life of Fred Beginning Algebra.
For extra practice, consider getting Zillions of Practice Problems for Beginning Algebra.
In this course you will learn about...
- Distributive law
- Reflexive Law of Equality
- Proof of the distributive law
- Order of operations
- Symmetric Law of Equality
- Commutative laws
- Why you can't divide by zero
- Finite/Infinite Numbers
- Natural numbers
- Whole numbers
- Rational numbers
- Real numbers
- Irrational numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Solving quadratic equations by factoring
- Solving pure quadratic equations
- Quadratic equations in everyday life
- Solving quadratic equations by completing the square
- Quadratic formula
- Continued Ratios
- Simplifying rational expressions
- Adding and subtracting rational expressions
- Multiplying and dividing rational expressions
- Rationalizing the denominator
- Set builder notation
- Signed Numbers
- Adding signed numbers
- Multiplying signed numbers
- Square Roots
- Square Roots
- Solving radical equations
- Types of Problems
- Age problems
- Coin problems
- Motion & Mixture
- Distance-rate-time problems
- Problems with two unknowns
- Adding like terms
- Solving Equations
- Solving systems of equations by elimination
- Solving systems of equations by substitution
- Inconsistent and Dependent systems of equations
- Multiplying polynomials
- Long division of polynomials
- Negative exponents
- Fractional exponents
- Factorial function
- Common factors factoring
- Easy trinomial factoring
- Difference of squares factoring
- Grouping factoring
- Harder trinomial factoring
- Solving fractional equations
- Fahrenheit-Celsius conversions
- Functions & Slope
- Finding slope of a line from its equation
- Slope-intercept form of a line
- Range of a function
- Fast way to graph y = mx + b
- Plotting points
- Graphing linear equations
- Graphing any equation
- Solving systems of equations by graphing
- Areas and volumes
- Pythagorean theorem
- Inequalities & Absolute Value
- Inequalities in the integers
- Absolute value
- Solving inequalities in one unknown
- Graphing inequalities
Unlike all other math programs, this one also has:
• 2000 digits of pi
• Prof. Fred Gauss's new teaching methods
• Five verses of the country western hit, "She ran away and took the dog"
• How beige, codeine, conscience, counterfeit, deify, efficient, Eileen, Einstein, either, feisty. . . all fit the "i before e rule"
Click here to view a sample lesson (Opens in a new window or tab)
Life of Fred Beginning Algebra is a hardcover textbook containing 544 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook.
Number of Lessons:
Life of Fred: Zillions of Practice Problems for Beginning Algebra
Need a lot of practice or stuck on a particular kind of problem? Requested by many readers, this book contains questions keyed directly to the chapters and topics of Life of Fred: Beginning Algebra. The answer to every problem is worked out in complete detail.
In this book you will find:
• Eleven mixture word problems are each worked out step by step, often using a whole page of explanation for each problem.
• Thirteen quadratic equations solved by completing the square.
• Thirteen examples of two equations with two unknowns solved by the elimination method.
This book is mandatory for those who need it. The Zillions of Practice Problems Slogan: If your cat can work through all the problems in this book, your cat can teach Beginning Algebra at any school in the nation.
Click here to view sample pages
from Zillions of Practice Problems
(Opens in a new window or tab)
Life of Fred Zillions of Practice Problems for Beginning Algebra is a hardcover textbook containing 272 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. This is an optional book of extra questions for those who feel the need for extra practice.