This book covers the second half of the introduction to pre-algebra (after Life of Fred: Fractions). After this book you are ready for pre-algebra.
Read about one afternoon and evening in Fred's life in which he:
• Builds a robot
• Gets his first pet
• Learns why sea chanties are not popular in some boat rental stores
This book covers second half of the introduction to pre-algebra including . . .
- Number Systems
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying by Ten
- Functions and Inverse Functions
- Multiplying Decimals
- Whole Numbers
- Squaring a Number
- Subtracting Mixed Units
- Sets and Subsets
- Union and Intersection of Sets
- Rules of Divisibility
- Division of Decimals
- Repeating Decimals
- Bar Graphs
- Prime and Composite Numbers
- Consecutive Numbers
- The Goldbach Conjecture
- Area of a Circle
- Dollars vs. Cents
- Pie Charts
- Conversion between Percents/ Fractions/Decimals
- 40% of 15
- 30% off
- Distance Equals Rate Times Time
- 15% more
- Area of a Triangle
- Square Roots
- Area of a Parallelogram
- 13 Is What Percent of 52
- Ordered Pairs
- Negative Numbers
- Elapsed Time
- And more . . .
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• When Lincoln used the vigesimal system
• When robots have tea parties
• How flossing helped Fred to read books in bed at night
The answers are included in the textbook.
Click here to view a sample lesson (Opens in a new window or tab)
Life of Fred Decimals and Percents is a hardcover textbook containing 192 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook.
Number of Lessons:
Life of Fred Fractions and Life of Fred Decimals & Percents together take about 65 to 70 lessons if you do one each day including the time for the Bridges exams.