This book contains more statistics than is usually taught in a college course. It covers...
- Descriptive Statistics (averages, measures of dispersion, types of distributions)
- Bayes' Theorem
- From a Given Population Determine What Samples Will Look Like (7 tests)
- Techniques of Sampling
- From a Given Sample Determine What the Population Was (14 tests)
- Determine Whether Two Given Samples Came From the Same Population (15 tests)
- Working With Three or More Samples (10 tests)
- Emergency Statistics Guide
- Regression Equations
- Field Guide
- 16 Tables
Unlike most other math programs, this one also has:
• One morning in the life of Fred in which he encounters the need for each of the 46 tests
• The flowcharts in the Emergency Statistics Guide lead you quickly to which test to use, which table to read and where to find the test described in detail in the book
• Each test is catalogued in detail on a separate page in the Field Guide Easy-to-read tables
Some answers are included in the textbook, the rest are included in a separate Answer Key.
Click here to view a sample lesson (Opens in a new window or tab)
Life of Fred Statistics is a hardcover textbook containing 544 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook.
Number of Lessons:
One year of college statistics. This book is not broken up into lessons. For high school seniors, finishing the first five chapters (203 pages) will give a solid grounding in statistics.